Monday 15 October 2018

October 4th & 5th week

Week 4

On Wednesday, we went to film our monologue. I found it hard to only speak my monologue without any big expressions and movements as I rehearsed. I'm very used to memorize my lines with movements, so when I did an action I know what I need to say. What's easy for me in this filming, is that the person I'm going to speak to is the camera, which means I only need to look into the camera when I speak. I've got a bad habit when it comes to acting/performing, is that I tend to look around the space when I'm supposed to be focused on only a spot. Having an object to look in to is way easier for me instead of looking to an imaginary person in front of me.

This week, we continue to work on our script.

Week 5

On Wednesday, we watched everyone's monologue video we did last week. I could see everyone's energy was very strong as they're keeping their eye contact with the camera, and we were able to watch that. I think Gabriel and Abe did a really great job as they raised their volume more when it comes to an intense part of their monologue. I could see them changing the softness and fierce in their eyes. 

Running order for
A Christmas Carol


GROUP DISCUSSION
Jeremy wanted the audience to feel involved in the play, he suggested we could look at the audience and have some interactions with them during the show. 
Brad said Christmas Carol has always been a very cheerful and fun play to watch, so we could amplify the moral in the play which is the changes of Scrooge's attitude. We could perform Christmas Carol in a whole different way that audience will never expect by making it more serious and emotional. Some of us disagreed on that as we wanted it to be fun for the audience to watch. 
I suggested adding some scary elements in the play, when Marley comes out, we could scare the audience by letting Marley to come out from the audience seats. We might also add the sound of the chain to make it more real. 




What we want the audience to think of our performance




No comments:

Post a Comment