Monday 17 December 2018

Evaluation for A CHRISTMAS CAROL

12th & 13th December (Wednesday & Thursday)

A CHRISTMAS CAROL


We are going to perform three same performances on both days. The first one on Wednesday will be recorded by a camera and there will be students from a secondary school to watch our performance. We were to stay frozen on stage while the audience was coming in to take their seats. I was a christmas tree for my tableau, my arms were hardly lifted after a few minutes. After the first performance, I changed my tableau slightly by lifting them a little bit lower so I don't get tired in a short time.
Tableau at the beginning

What Went Well?
We used the skill "cheat with our feet", which we learned from last year (Link to the blog). A Christmas Carol has quite a lot of ensemble scenes like parties or on streets, whenever I was in it, I tried to stay some distance away from each character so those scenes make more sense with people all over the space. Other than that, we picked up our ques as fast as we could so we won't make the audience to wait for long, but at the same time, during each scene, we paused for a bit when is necessary for the audience to have time to understand the play. I think I did really well in every beginning for all three performances when I'm the solicitor, I showed my face being annoyed by Scrooge as I've gone to him every single year asking the same thing from him.



Even Better If...
During the second performance on Thursday, I was told to speak louder in the Cratchits scene. When I went on stage, I need to show more of a mother figure so they will know that I am someone they need to be focused on there. I should sound like I am shouting at the kids wanting them to stop playing and answer my question, as I was busy all day cleaning the house and preparing for the christmas dinner. In Fred's party scene, I can be more active and have more interactions with the guests other than only listening to Fred. For example, in the guessing game, I could talk to the person beside me, trying to ask her for some ideas, this will make the game more interesting to watch, because the audience might get more intense if they see us guessing it so hard like we're actually playing.



Overall for our performances:
I think we all did amazing work, we got the audience involving with the scary Marley coming from behind them. I personally love our dances, I can tell we're making the audience to want to move their body following the music. We've input so many materials in this show, for examples, the seriousness of Scrooge's changing, the pitiful family, the happy ending, also the dances the songs to entertain the audience. That Christmas vibe we brought to everyone is so strong that I can barely remember the Christmas is not here yet.




The link below to the full video of our performance
http://youtu.be/DAzG7F3mfCc

No comments:

Post a Comment